My name's Maddie, I'm a British student who did a year abroad at the University of Southern Mississippi. August 2011-May 2012.

May-June I'm traveled around a bit

Here is the account I kept of it all, for the memories, my family and the people who get sent here randomly by a search engine. It was often typed quickly so the spelling, structure and grammar isn't always correct (sorry Mum).

To contact, leave a comment.

Saturday 8 October 2011

blackout

Last weekend was the Blackout Game at the Rock, where everyone's meant to wear black clothes. We kinda looked like we were heading out to a rock stars funeral/goths.


This weekend we're going on a SCHOOL TRIP! Visiting the state a bit and staying in a sharecropper house, rather excited!
I told my Mum I was going to the crossroads where Robert Johnson traded his soul to the devil in exchange to play the blues and her genuine reaction was "Don't you go doing anything like that while you're there"
OK MOTHER, have a daughter who can only play one song on the guitar, IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

The past week I have
1. Gone to the game
2. Been to a party store (or rather the 'Ultimate Party Store') which puts any other fancy dress shop to shame
3. Had a test, it was True or False which seemed rather crazy but at the same time, it was pretty hard.
4. Noticed the Sushi on offer at the local stands- Cream Cheese, Fried Chicken. . .
5. Gone to a Cowboys & Indians party (I own too much plaid not to go to one)
6. Gone to another party.
7. Got sleep deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment